Anle District Office
Shi-fang-da-jyue Temple
Historical Background of Anle Division Council
Business and Responsibilities of Organization
About the Division Governor
Location and Transportation
Sightseeing Spots
 
Historical Background of Anle Division Council

Anle Division CouncilIn Ching Dynasty this division was also called Keelung Castle. In the beginning of the Japanese occupation, Da-wu-luan Farmstead, Ke-keh-gaang Farmstead, Nei-mu-shanh Farmstead, and Da-gan-lin Farmstead were set up, which all subordinated to Keelung Department. The Ching Dynasty's administration division was adopted throughout the Japanese authority until the localization regulation reformation happening on October 10, 1920. Then, the "farmstead" was changed to "Dah" in name for land registration, belonging to Keelung Street. (On December 25, 1924, it became Keelung City).

In 1924, the "farmstead" was changed to "Ding". On October 1, 1941, to cope with the urban development, Ke-keh-gang was changed to Guan-yin Ding, Pao Ding, and Sih Ding (but Da-wu-luan was still a "Dah"). In 1942, "Districts" were drawn up in the "Dings" and "Dahs", which later became the 10th and the 14th Districts after the Second World War in the Pacific region took place. Later they became the 4th District. In January, 1946, the 4th District was renamed Anle District. It was then divided into 21 Lis. In 1948, 1952, 1965, 1971 and 1978 there had been slight adjustments in the Li administration. In March, 1988, the city government made a major adjustment in the administrative division in order to balance the development of 7 of the Lis: Sih-wha, Sih-rong, Sih-ding, Sih-kong, Deh-ho, Deh-ann, and Chung-ho. They became part of Chung-shan Division. The following 6 Lis which originally belonged to Chi-du Division became part of this division: Ying-geh, Chi-sien, She-wei, San-min, Wu-fu and Liu-ho.

Anle Division CouncilAfter the administrative division adjustment, this division now governs 24 Lis. The total area has also increased to be 18.0250 square kilometers (13.58% of the city) from 17.8652 square kilometers (13.46% of the city), which is the 3rd largest division of the city in area. The population became 58,887 from 57,685 in number due to the change. The population is 67,051 according to the calculation taken at the end of November, 1995, which is the biggest number of all the divisions of the city.

·English ·Chinese